12.03.2009

Artists: Romare Bearden & Grandma Moses

I am aware that we are supposed to be looking at Working Artists Today, however this entry is focused upon to Artists from the past which are strong influential Icons of the Art World Today. *Google them both

I was looking at the Artworks of Romare Bearden and Grandma Moses since I was little. They are very strong influences to the work I have been making this semester. Bearden was the first collage artist introduced to me in middle school and I consider him the "Grandather" of collage.

Moses was a self-taught folk artist and her paintings remind me so much of the Shenandoah Valley.
I have a much older cousin, of whom I've never met, who was a self taught artist that painted landscapes in the Rockfish Valley of Nelson County, VA.





Romare Bearden (1911-1988)





Anna Mary Robertson "Grandma" Moses (1860-1961)

No comments:

Post a Comment