11.08.2009

Behind Picture Frames






My older sister recently gave me a print of a renaissance man lounging in a messy house smoking a pipe. Below was written, "When a man is single he lives at his ease"

I enjoyed this gift immensely. Weeks went by and the picture fell, the glass cracked and upon repair a multitude of documents were discovered behind the frame. Little did I know, but the picture was given to her by an ex boyfriend long ago and she had placed all the love letters/break up letters, notes, journal entries, and other pictures ( a shirtless man next to a homemade still in Craig Co. a foot or two from a small grazing fawn) all hidden behind the frame.

I found this remarkable and want to hide secrets behind all of my artwork for others to find or never find...hidden treasures of trash, handmade maps, miniature photographs, and little handwritten stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment