11.17.2009

I AM THE ROAD


I AM THE ROAD, 24x8, GRIFFINDREWDAVIS.2009


I was literally raised on the road. My father has traveled across the globe and has made his living as a Truck Driver since before I was born. As an infant, of less than a year old, Mom and Dad took me with them on a cross country road trip. Growing up, Dad was always on the road either for work or for the love of it. All my memories of our family together has been in an automobile. We would ride with Dad in the Trucks hauling wood-chips and sometimes even ride down to Florida for produce during the winter. The Blue Ridge and Shenandoah Valley is nationally known for it's scenery and as a family we would just ride the back roads.

I feel the safest in a moving vehicle.
I love to drive places I never been.
I am obsessed with maps: Jedediah Hotchkiss, Google Maps, US. Geological Survey.
By the time I am 30 I plan on having the entire Commonwealth of Virginia's Roadway System memorized-All Towns, Cities, Routes, State Roads, National Parks, Local Cultures, History, sights and sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment