9.25.2009

Michel Gondry



http://www.director-file.com/gondry/
www.michelgondry.com

Michel Gondry is a french filmmaker who has made numerous hit films such as Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Science of Sleep, Be Kind Rewind, etc. His work is important to me because of his ability to create these false realities, dreams, through his manipulation of mise-en-scene. Also Gondry's works/films tend to be loosely centered around dreams which is a big focus of my own work. Since I have been extremely ill with what I can assume is H1N1 I have been bed-ridden for days now and have proceeded to watch Eternal Sunshine and Science of Sleep again each for the hundredth time while being drugged up with nyquil and just being out of it due to the prolonged bedrest my mentality is out there...anywho it is a good mindframe to be in when viewing Gondry's films.
Gondry's ability to construct props and through his filming techniques has manifested his own dreams into reality. He has inspired me to continue thinking outside of the box of conventionality and to continue exploring alternative techniques. I am considering creating movie stills for a movie that was never made....

No comments:

Post a Comment