2.18.2010

New Work: Going Three Different Ways On Valentine's Day, 2010


Going Three Different Ways On Valentine's Day, 2010

This new photograph is a memorial to my Sister and her two Daughters(my nieces). On Valentine's Day this year I took their family portrait because it was the last time they would all three be together for a very long time. The day after Valentines they separated going three different ways to start three new lives.
These three women have climbed many "Mountains" together as a family and I believe that if they wrote down their stories their lives would be portrayed as a mini-series on the Lifetime Movie network. I wanted to capture the simple moment of a simple goodbye. My goal in photographing this semester is to record moments in the lives of my subjects that mark a change. It is in simple everyday moments that our lives change forever and my goal is to preserve those moments honestly on film.

No comments:

Post a Comment